25 ALREADY?!? Say whaaaat? Where has the time gone? Seriously, it feels like the years are just flying. Time slows down for no one, does it? I will say it has been an incredible, wonderful, crazy 25 years so far :) Good times, bad times, exciting times, scary times, and everything in between. I've lost friends and loved ones along the way, but I've also gained new friends and an amazing new family. I've failed and I've succeeded. But through all of this, I am so grateful for the life I have been given thus far, and have learned so much about myself.
Cheers to another 25 years! Here are 25 lessons I've learned from the 25 years I've lived so far :)
1. Wash your face every. single. day. Mama knows best when she tells you to do so. It is so good for your skin and such a good feeling as well!
2. Sixth sense is a real thing. If you have that gut feeling that something doesn't feel right, or you feel like something is wrong, don't ignore it. Trust your intuition. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've had this feeling.
3. Surround yourself with positive people. Stop wasting your time with people who make you feel like shit, or who can't seem to say anything positive. We need cheerleaders and positive relationships in our lives. That's what helps us all get by!
4. Not every friendship you have will last. And this O-K. People will walk in and out of your life, and some friendships will end. And some will last forever.
5. You never know what someone is going through. You may think someone has the perfect life, or that someone is such a jerk, but you just never know what people are going through. Keep an open mind and don't make assumptions.
6. It's okay to cry. Another lesson learned along the way from my Mama ;) It something I always say now! Cry it out, because holding it all in just makes things worse.
7. It's okay to say no. IN ANYTING! If you don't feel like doing something or don't agree with something, just say no. You don't owe anybody an explanation.
8. Don't take yourself too seriously. Life is short. Enjoy the little things, laugh at yourself, and I promise you have more fun ;)
9. It really doesn't matter what people think. If we wasted our days caring about what others thought of us, you'd get nowhere. Be yourself, and do what makes YOU happy!
10. Worrying doesn't do any good. Pray about it instead. Things are going to happen the way they are going to happen. Don't stress over things that are out of your control. Instead, pray for comfort.
11. Go to the dentist! After having two root canals, I promise you will save a lot of money, pain and time just getting it over with!
12. Don't ever stop working out. It is SO good for you in many ways, and much harder if you stop! And if you do stop, it is never too late to start again!
13. When in doubt, go with a braid. Seriously, so many times when I've ran out of time to get ready, a quick braid does the trick. And there are SO many kinds to try.
14. Say "I love you" every day. Tomorrow is not guaranteed. Always let your loved ones know how much you love them.
15. Make lists! I did a blog posts on list and why you should make them for everything. Lists are life, and they will make everything simpler :)
16. Getting out of your comfort zone is the only way you will grow. You might not like it. You might feel extremely uncomfortable at times, but I promise you will learn something out of it!
17. Ask for what you want. If you don't ask, how will you ever get what you want? In anything in life!
18. Hangovers are NOT fun. I still contemplate every time I drink if its worth it...
19. Heating up your eyelash curler with your blow dryer will curl your lashes a million times better. I learned this trick from another blogger and can't believe I've never tried it before. Its awesome!
20. For those in high school who think this time in your life is the best time, you will be proved wrong over and over again. There is so much more to life than high school! So many wonderful, fun, and exciting things are in your future :)
21. You are never too old to have movie night/sleepover with your girls. When you are in need of pick me up, this works every time!
22. You can bring the horse to water, but you can't make it drink. And sometimes, that is all you can do. But in the end, being there is all that matters.
23. Always blend your makeup down your neck. This is just a beauty 101 tip that every girl should know :)
24. Never settle for anything less than what you deserve. Because you are amazing and deserve someone who is going to make you the happiest girl on the planet!
25. Travel as much as you can! The world has so much to offer and there are so many things to see. Some of my favorite memories have been while traveling :)
On this birthday, I am extra grateful for the amazing life I live, and for my health and safety. The tragedy that has happened in Las Vegas, one of our favorite places to visit, is absolutely horrific. Praying for those affected tonight.
Lesson #14, go do it.